Monday, June 29, 2015

feliz 4 de julio mis gringitos

earth to America,

Hey guys, ending yet another freakishly fast and spiritually jammed
pack week in Chivay.
This week has been great with Elder Diederich. Selfish to pray he has
8 months here so we can have another change together? Tal vez.

So the jist of the work in Chivay right now is PFs. Partcial member
families. We are planning two for two weddings in August so wish us
luck!

One of my favorite families we are working with right now is the Inga
Mamani family.
My first day here I met two twin girls Liset and Angie. They are 10
years old and have been baptized for 2 years, ever since I got here I
have been working hard to get the primary running again in the branch
and never really knew why. But I know now that it has been for there
family. The Inga Mamani family. Their parents have been waiting to be
baptized for almost 4 years! But they are not married and can not find
the fathers birth certificate. What a joke!
So we are working hard to file through every Peruvian birth ever
recorded to help this family to their goal of being baptized and sealed
in the temple.

highlights:
- Elder Diederich and I have set out to learn Quechua Peru´s native language
- We made french toast yesterday. Praise to the Man.
- I have found a replacement to my Capri-Sun addiction. Quinua with
apple some weird oatmealish drink they make and serve in plastic bags
with straws. I am hooked.


Love you guys.
Probably buying a Pancho today as a planned impulse buy so oops.

Elder Malloy.

No comments:

Post a Comment